Please join me in celebrating Women’s Fiction Day on June 8, 2022. The day lauds women’s fiction authors, novels, publishers, and book sellers as well as readers who appreciate women’s fiction and the power of a great story. The event is hosted by the Women’s Fiction Writers Association (WFWA). I owe everything to this group. They have my back.
In case you were wondering exactly what women’s fiction is, I have lifted this definition from the WFWA website:
Women’s fiction is a writing genre that includes layered stories in which the plot is driven by the main character’s emotional journey. The stories can be contemporary or historical, and may have magical, mystery, thriller, romance, or other elements. These are the works that people enjoy in book clubs and recommend to other readers.
WOMEN’S FICTION DAY GIVEAWAYS
The freebies for this event are fantastic. Over fifty authors have teamed up to offer free books, gift certificates, and more! Check it out.
Also, please register for this specific giveaway from my talented author friends. I am in awe of their storytelling abilities. You won’t be disappointed.
WOMEN’S FICTION DAY ACTIVITIES
Monday, June 5, 2023
- Kimberly Packard, Host, IG Live, https://www.instagram.com/kimberlypackard/ 1:00 p.m. ET
- Paulette Stout, Host, TikTok Live/Solo, https://www.tiktok.com/@paulettestoutauthor, 7:00 p.m. ET
- The Author Express Podcast, Host Shawna Rodrigues, guest Jen Craven, https://www.author-express.captivate.fm/episode/jen, 8:00 a.m. ET
Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- Kathleen M. Basi, Host, Nicole Baart, guest, IG Live, https://www.instagram.com/kathleenbasi/, 1:00 p.m. ET
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
- The Best of Women’s Fiction Podcast, Lainey Cameron, host, with guests Charlotte Dune, Maggie Smith, Paulette Stout, and Kathryn Dodson. https://www.BestofWomensFiction.com or on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and YouTube. 6:00 a.m. ET.
- Kyle Ann Robertson, FB Live, Host, with guest Kelly Elizabeth Huston, https://www.facebook.com/kyleann.robertson, 12:00 p.m. ET
- Make Meaning Podcast, Lynne Golodner, Host, with guests Elizabeth Gowing and Merle Saferstein, https://www.makemeaning.org/podcast/announcing-scotia-road-books, or on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and YouTube. 6:00 a.m. ET
Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Hear Us Roar, Host Maggie Smith, with guests Laura Drake, Orly Konig, and Kerry Lonsdale—three of WFWA’s original founders, 9:00 a.m. ET
- Self-Publishing Insiders with Draft2Digital, Host Mark Leslie Lefevbre, with guest Paulette Stout, https://www.youtube.com/@Draft2Digital/streams, on YouTube live at 1:00 p.m. ET, on Apple Podcasts and YouTube afterwards
- Tamara Merrill, FB Live, https://www.facebook.com/TamaraMerrillAuthor/ 4:00 p.m. ET
Friday, June 9, 2023
- Authors Over 50 Podcast, Special Edition Women’s Fiction Day Episode, Host Julia Brewer Daily, guest Women’s Fiction author Paulette Stout, https://www.juliadaily.com or on Apple, Spotify, Google, or YouTube. 7:00 a.m. ET
- Author Express, IG Live, Shawna Rodrigues, Host, with guest Monica Cox, https://www.instagram.com/authorexpresspodcast/, 3:00 p.m. ET
Monday, June 12, 2023
- Launch Pad Special Edition, FB Live, Grace Sammon, host, with guests Erika Lance, Katharine Herndon, Natalie Obando, and Mary Sheriff, https://www.facebook.com/groups/bookish.road.trip, 1:00 ET. After the Live, it will air on Authors on the Air Global Radio Network.
Tuesday, June 23, 2023
- Make Meaning Podcast, Lynne Golodner, Host, with guest Annie Cathryn, https://www.makemeaning.org/podcast/annie-cathryn, or on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and YouTube. 6:00 a.m. ET
Have fun, enjoy the week, and keep on reading!